Mercury 0.7.3

Kostis Sagonas Kostis.Sagonas at cs.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu Nov 6 04:56:50 AEDT 1997

Hi Fergus,

> Could you please update the USA mirror of the Mercury ftp archive?

This is done!  Sorry for the brief delay....

> BTW, the current arrangement for the USA mirror is a bit inconvenient;

I can testify to that ;-)

> it would be much easier for us if either (a) the mirror was updated
> automatically or (b) we had (password protected) write access.
> Would it be possible to get that for the existing location?

In principle, there should not be any problem.  The only problem is
that I am not currently in Stony Brook so that I can handle it myself
(or talk to the system administrators in person).  Clearly, solution
(a) above is the most reasonable thing.  Alas, I do not know what it
involves.  Do you know by any chance?  I know there are programs out
there that do these things automatically.  Can you point to me at the
appropriate info?

In the meantime, I will contact David Warren and the appropriate system
guys....

I will keep you posted.

Cheers,
- Kostis.