[m-dev.] cvs diff: bug fixes for runtests

Tyson Richard DOWD trd at students.cs.mu.oz.au
Sat Mar 15 12:05:55 AEDT 1997

> Tyson Richard DOWD, you wrote:
> >
> > Fix two bugs in the scripts for running tests.
> >
> > tests/handle_options:
> > 	Pass MCFLAGS and MGNUCFLAGS, not EXTRA_CFLAGS and EXTRA_MCFLAGS
> > 	to mmake. It appears previously these options were just not
> > 	used, which means this change may show some compiler bugs that
> > 	we thought we were already testing for.
>
> I think it would be better to change the mmake files to use EXTRA_CFLAGS
> and EXTRA_MCFLAGS.
>
> In fact it would be a good idea to change scripts/Mmake.vars.
> It should define
>
> 	MCFLAGS = $(EXTRA_MCFLAGS)
>
> and similarly for all those other variables, we should document in the
> user's guide that these EXTRA_* variables are intended to be used for
> adding extra flags on the command line.

I assume you mean ALL the flags variables in Mmake.vars.

This might be a good time to address the inconsistency in
EXTRA_CFLAGS - really, it should be EXTRA_MGNUCFLAGS, otherwise
it appears to be associated with CFLAGS.

--
       Tyson Dowd           # "Well, let's just say, 'if your VCR is
                            #  still blinking 12:00, you don't