D-day

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.oz.au
Thu Jun 19 10:43:14 AEST 1997

> 	It'd be very interesting if you could give something on Mecury
> that you have been heavily involved for the D-day.

We have not done so in previous years, because we couldn't come up with
anything that the average person in the street would relate to. There are
at least two major difficulties to be overcome: that nothing about Mercury
is visual, and that Mercury is a tool for programmers, not users.

I suppose we could put up a poster listing Mercury's benefits and possibly
some sample Mercury code alongside equivalent C code. We might also mention
that several students working on the project had published papers while
still undergraduates. However, I suspect you were asking for something
snazzier than that.

Anyone got any bright ideas?

Zoltan.