[m-dev.] next release TODO list

Tyson Richard DOWD trd at cs.mu.oz.au
Mon Jul 28 17:28:53 AEST 1997

Fergus Henderson wrote:
> An updated TODO list (getting smaller all the time):
>
> Packaging:
> - support debian and rpm packages		trd

As fjh and I discussed, the debian packaging is not easy to support at
the moment due to technical difficulties (I trashed my linux box).
Also, Debian is in transition from libc5 to libc6 (GNU libc 2.0), so
it's not a good time to try to port software to it.

> - make type_name/1 etc. module-qualify type names [might leave this for 0.8]

This should probably be fixed before 0.7 - it's a bit inconsistent to
change it, but then I suppose changing the module qualifier is a bit
inconsistent also, and we're still possibly going to do that.

Also
	- add documentation about memory management in C code
	  to the users guide.	(trd)

--
       Tyson Dowd           # 4.4: People keep saying the behavior is undefined,
                            # but I just tried it on an ANSI-conforming compiler