code freeze

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.oz.au
Thu Jul 24 03:31:24 AEST 1997

Hi,

Since we're going to make the next release soon, I would like a code
freeze.  That means please do not commit any changes other than bug fixes
or improvements to the documentation.  (Changes to existing functionality
that is arguably broken count as bug fixes, especially if the changes
are not going to be backwards compatibile.  But the time for new features
is past, except for the one that is an integral part of packaging up
the release: support for Debian & RPM packages.)

TODO list (stuff to do before making the release):

Packaging:
- support debian and rpm packages		trd

Fixes to arguably broken existing features:
- make type_name/1 etc. module-qualify type names
- rename array as bt_array and uniq_array as array
- rename the `time.m' module as something else
- fix a few bugs on the bug list

Documentation changes:
- document the C interface better		fjh
- improve the C/C++ interface examples		fjh
- clean up the NEWS file			fjh
- write WWW page