[m-dev.] For review: base_type_layouts, round 2.

Tyson Richard DOWD trd at students.cs.mu.oz.au
Sat Feb 22 22:46:59 AEDT 1997

> Tyson Richard DOWD, you wrote:
> >
> > Ok Fergus, here are the revised diffs and log message.
>
> That looks fine now, presuming it works.
> If you've tested it carefully, feel free to commit away.

It bootchecked and passed all tests on murlibobo, at least before
I made io__stream a c_pointer. That bootcheck is running now, but
appears as if it will work.
(this code doesn't have the re-ordered simple-vectors, however).

> Will this cause binary incompatibilities?
> (i.e. once you commit it, will everyone have to do `mmake clean'?)

Yes - you'll get link errors unless you recompile everything.

Re-ordering the simple-vectors will also cause binary incompatabilities,
but only if you are using the layouts. Perhaps I should hold off until
ohutch commits the new layout traversal, then we can do it all at once.
(I could change it all now, but that just makes his job harder).

--
       Tyson Dowd           # "Most people's C code should be indented
                            #  six feet downward and covered with