[m-dev.] diff for review - bug fix

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.oz.au
Sun Feb 16 16:20:18 AEDT 1997

Simon TAYLOR, you wrote:

> Fixed a bug reported by David Overton which caused an abort in the
> second pass of simplification.
>
> compiler/dead_proc_elim.m
> 	Remove unused pseudo_imported unification preds
> 	(they can be inlined away).

Your changes look fine, but I don't understand how the bug you
fixed could cause an abort.  It looks like before the bug fix,
we just didn't do as good a job of dead procedure elimination
as we could have - but I don't see how that could cause
an abort, unless there is another unfixed bug somewhere else.

So could you please explain it to me?

Oh, and please commit those changes.