std.h

Tyson Richard DOWD trd at students.cs.mu.oz.au
Tue Feb 11 16:07:22 AEDT 1997

In runtime/std.h, we have the following code:

#ifndef bool
#define bool            char
#endif

Is there any particular reason why this isn't a typedef?

(I'm asking because it has this horrible tendency to rename
'bool' to 'char' which makes it difficult to initialise the
base_type_info for bool without it trying to initialise the
base_type_info for char... which of course is just not defined
in bool.c).

--
       Tyson Dowd           #          Another great idea from the
                            #            people who brought you