multithreaded solutions/2

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.oz.au
Sun Feb 9 04:17:31 AEDT 1997

Hi Tom,

I had a look at the changes you made to the implementation of
solutions/2 in std_util.m.  I'm not entirely happy with the performance
characteristics of your algorithm: the problem is that wrapping
previously efficient code inside solutions/2 may make it inefficient.
This sort of non-local effect is something to be avoided if at all
possible.

I haven't looked at the details, so this suggestion might be bogus --
but can't we handle resetting the solutions_hp in an analagous manner
to how we handle resetting the hp?