[m-dev.] cvs diff: scripts/ml.in

Tyson Richard DOWD trd at students.cs.mu.oz.au
Sun Feb 9 10:42:19 AEDT 1997

> Hi Tyson,
>
> Can you please review the following change?

Given that it looks like you found some stimulants recently, I
think I had better ;-)

> +
> +Help="\
> +Name: ml - Mercury Linker
> +Usage: ml [<ml options>] [<gcc options] files...

s/<gcc options/<gcc options>/

(also see note below about `--' )

>  esac
> +case $FULLARCH in
> +	i?86-*-linux*)
> +		# shared libraries are not the default on Linux
> +		# -- see README.Linux

Are you going to commit README.Linux soon? When you do, make sure
this is true (I thought shared libs were going to be the default, and
static libs were for speed - or does this require other changes
first - eg making -fpic default on Linux).

>  	--)
>  		shift
>  		break ;;

Might be nice to document this behaviour of --, although only
briefly since it's pretty common. Perhaps a [ -- ] in the usage
might convey it concisely?

Otherwise it looks fine.

--
       Tyson Dowd           #          Another great idea from the
                            #            people who brought you