[m-dev.] diff for review

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.oz.au
Tue Apr 15 16:32:18 AEST 1997

Simon TAYLOR, you wrote:

> compiler/simplify.m
> 	Fix a code generator abort for if-then-elses with conditions
> 	that cannot succeed by fixing and enabling the code to optimise
> 	away such cases.

Why did the code generator abort for such conditions?

Fixing things only in simplify.m means that every optimization that
transforms the code needs to be careful to not introduce such constructs.
Hence in general, it is better if the code generator can handle such things.

> +		instmap_delta_init_reachable(NegInstMapDelta),

That is wrong in the case that the determinism of the condition
is `erroneous'.

Can you please fix that, add

	( error("blah") -> ... ; ... )

to the test cases, and send me another diff?

Thanks,
	Fergus.