[m-dev.] io__write and arrays

Tyson Richard DOWD trd at students.cs.mu.oz.au
Tue Apr 8 15:24:52 AEST 1997

> This is a very sketchy proposal, with all the detail left to be worked
> out.  My main point for this message is that there is potentially a lot to
> be gained from thinking about these issues now and deciding on a single
> metasyntax for displaying and writing all C-defined types.

There is also the idea that we might likle to implement read and write
of higher order closures. It's not yet clear what the best way to do this
will be.

It seems clear though, that the support for data I/O at the moment
probably won't be the final form of the support, although the
functionality that is there now will probably be part of the final
package.

--
       Tyson Dowd           #
                            #             Sign on refridgerator: